How to Look Your Best On Prom Night: (Cont'd article)
All throughout California, the local malls have already seen an increase in traffic. Even during the Spring Break season, many teens were shopping with their parents on Mission Boulevard in San Diego, California. Parents are there to remind their daughters of the school's guidelines and requirements. They are there to bring them back to reality or keep them on the budget.
Here's a list of tips compiled and sent in by a reader of this blog
1. Wear a dress and shoes that will allow you to dance. Update your look by wearing a dress that is to the knee, tea-length or a minidress. Avoid body-conscious floor-length dresses. They may be popular but they limit movement.
2. Expose your shoulders. You can be sexy without revealing too much skin. Invest in a strapless or spaghetti strap dress.
3. Define the waist. If you have it, show it off. Show your shape with a body defining bow, sash or cummerbund.
4. Wear some delicate jewelry. Head to the local thrift store or costume jewelry shop to find some cheap pearls, diamonds and/or bling-bling.
5. Brooches are hot this year. So are headbands
6. Make sure the shoes fit. If they don't fit, you must get rid of them! There's no time to suffer on the dance floor. Be in the moment. Don't keep letting your shoes control your temper. Don't dye your shoes to match a dress.
7. Smile. Smile. Smile even if your shoes hurt or your gowns prevent you from breathing!
8. Stay sober. Be aware of your surroundings. Avoid alcohol and drugs.
Please go back to All Prom and Quincenera Dresses or Celebs' Fashion Live